Monday, April 12, 2010

Under Construction

Well I'm finally getting around to cleaning this blog up a bit. As you may or may not have noticed. I have added the "Build at a Glance" heading in the right column. This is where I will be creating all of my archived project pages. These pages will contain project specific details. Rather than having to search through the archives by date.

I'd like to thank those of you who took the time to critique my blog and force me to get off my but and actually make this a somewhat easier blog to navigate.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my bud Neil, for showing me how to create, link and move pages. As well as sorting out my blogs colour theme. I can't believe that I didn't match everything to the logo before now. Guess that's what happens after a year of not doing any real design work. ;)

Have a good one! Cheers

Give a fellow Hobbyist a hand!
  Check out the listed ads.

Thank you for the support!

Stanley Foglight Install

Well I got all of the screws and seals for the fogs now it's time to install them.

Pulled my bumper out of the shed and set it up for fitting.

Then went right at it and started hacking it up........

Actually it was a very slow process trimming the grill so that it followed the shape of the fog light perfectly.

Once I had the grill cut out it was time to start on fabricating the sheet metal brackets.

You just have to love the simplicity of beer box templates.......

Top bracket ready for test fitting.

Slid in just like it was factory made.

Then was the time consuming process of measuring, cutting and bending the bracket to fit the the light housing.

With the top bracket fit in place it was time to do the same for the bottom. The curve and uneven size of the bottom half of the grill opening proved to be some what of a pain. I was eventually able to get the lower bracket in place. After a few hours of trimming, grinding and filing.

With the brackets in place it was time to alter/fabricate the 94-95 Accord fog light housing brackets themselves.

This was a fairly easy part of this process.

First was the very long and way off level lower bracket.

I heated it up and bent it straight back. From there I was able to make it into a 90. So it was on the same level as the upper bolt hole. Drilled the hole and we are good to go for that side.

The other side of the housing was a bit harder. It was way off but unlike the other side it was too short. Therefore I had to bend this one straight up and weld on a new bracket.

New 90 bracket tack welded in to place and it was ready to be fit to the grill brackets.

Here is how they sit now.

Waiting for a fresh coat of satin black paint and some new wiring.