Cooling + Lubrication

Help a fellow enthusiast out! Simply click on an ad on the right.

Mounting a Yonaka 1/2 Rad
Started by removing the stock lower rad mounts.
Drilled out the spot welds and they came off with no problems.

They are a little bit rough but with a quick sand blast and a coat of fresh paint they should last.

I had to cut out the socket in the cross member that was used to hold the A/C condenser. It was in the way of my new mount location. You can see in the first image that it curves out from the front bulkhead approx 1/2".

Had a piece of pre-bent steel that was the right thickness and pretty much the perfect contour, cut it to size and tacked it in place.

After that I mocked up the rad to mark where all the mounts were to be welded and holes drilled for screws.

At this time I heated up the replacement plate and the cross member to bend them into shape. Welded the seams and the bulkhead was better than stock with the newly located lower mounts welded to it.

Drilled and welded nuts to the underside of the upper cross member for the upper rad mount. Just have the one finished in this pic. I used one of the stock CD5 upper rad mounts and bushings for the single mount on the Yonaka half rad.

I used the rubber bushings from the CD5 A/C condenser for the lower rad mounts. I had to drill out the inner diameter of the bushings a wee bit to get them to fit over the Yonaka posts. I also had to bore out the lower rad mounts to accept the larger bushings.
Mounted and with more than enough space between the front bulkhead and the rad

Mounting the 13" Maradyne Fan

Started by mocking up a 1" aluminum bar and machining it to the rad mounting points.

Mounted the bracket with a few bolts and cut out the small area for the drain cock.

Lined up the other mounting points and bobs your uncle!

had to take a shot of the fan and bracket from the other side...

So with the bottom full bar mounted in place it was time to fab the 2 upper mounts.

Got the first mounting point done now it's time to line up the rad mounting point.

Now it's time to shave it down and give it the Chappy Effect!

Mounted in chassis with hoses

Waiting for engine block to be put into the bay for mounting my Meziere Remote Electric Water Pump and plumbing the lines. I will be running it as a 2 stage. Running it @ 5v/17 GPM when the t-stat is closed and @ 12v/35 GPM while the t-stat is open. I am looking to get rid of the water pump pulley all together. I'll have to measure the belt length and go from there.

Remote Oil filter

I started off with 2 very rough $15 Chev remote oil filter mounts.

Ported them both for better flow.

I ground off the 3 bolt mount on one of the units and shaped it to look as though it never had a mount.

Screwed it onto the block and here it sits awaiting lines to feed the other unit that will be mounted to the strut tower, fire wall or wherever it looks best.

I figured why spend the money companies want for a Honda specific oil relocation kit. Doing it this way was cheaper and lots more Fun.