Monday, June 6, 2011

EPM Finished

Had some time tonight to finish the EPM cover, stuff the sensor back in and wire up the connector.

Mounted the cam sensor in it's stock location and gave the wires a little bit of added cover.
Next to be put into place is the shaft and rotor, complete with the bearing and stock bearing plate. You can see that the hole is still there for the stock ignitor (ICM). I could have filled it with a piece of aluminum. However, I decided that I wouldn't take the risk of possibly warping the bearing plate by welding anything to it.  

In the end it really doesn't matter because the overall cap covers all those holes and the bearing plate. The cap was filed and ground down a bit so that the cover would fit nicely into it.
Final cam sensor complete with a water tight connector taken from my spare GSX-R wire harness.


Even I'm not sure what part of this build I'll jump to next.

Stay tuned to find out!

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome dude~~!! any update on this C.O.P. setup ?? i was thinking to do it on my 4G prelude H22A too, & have been doing research on net for quite some time..but didn't found any about C.O.P conversion on H22.. most on B series...so hope that can get some detail from your conversion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as having all of the components ready, I am good to go. I have not been able to do any actual testing as I have not completed my engine build.

    There are a couple COP conversion kits out there that should work on the H22. AEM has it's COP pencil coil, EMP and EMS setup, as does Hondata. However, with both of these COP setups you need a chipped OBD1 ECU or the AEM EMS and a tune. I don't know of any plug and play COP conversion kits. I will be using the MegaSquirt III for engine management.

    ReplyDelete